Saturday, May 25, 2013

A letter from the USS Nimitz

It's been 7 1/2 weeks since Jerry has been gone...

We got an envelope on May 5th from Jerry.  I had a letter, Zuhro got a letter, and Carson got a letter.  Carson was so excited that his Daddy wrote to him and sent a patch.  He wouldn't let me read it because it was for him not me.  He read it in the kitchen, then he quietly walked to his room.  I heard sniffling so i peeked down the hallway and found him face down crying in his arm on his bean bag with the letter and patch in his hand.  I walked in and sat beside him.  He said, "I just miss him so much."  I told him that it was OK to cry because we miss someone, but I was always there to talk and give hugs whenever he needed them. I then suggested we write a letter tomorrow and maybe draw a picture or something to go with it.

 



We put a box together to send to Jerry and mailed it off on May 1st. I was curious to see how long it would take for the box to get to him; two weeks was all it took.  I plan on sending another in a week with the hope that it gets there before Father's Day.
 




  My AP Biology class took their AP Exam on Monday May 13th. I was worried for them since it was the first time any group of students took the newly designed exam.  They said it was difficult and they needed more time.  At least, my students weren't the only ones that said that.  The AP Biology community website has complaints from all the other teachers reporting that their students said the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment