Monday, June 3, 2013

Our last few days living in California

The end of May brought on many conflicting feelings...
  • We accepted an offer on the house, which is great, but that meant we had to leave. After a month on the market, we accepted an offer on the house.  I really liked the family that ended up purchasing our home.  Hopefully they love it as much as we did.
  • The end of the school year was close, but Zuhro had to go back to Tajikistan.  Carson and Cooper lost their big sister and I lost a daughter.  She has enriched our lives so much.  What she has taught us about Islam, Tajikistan and her culture could not be learned from books.  She is an amazing young lady and I can't wait to see what she does in the future;  I know it will be something great!  We also had to say good bye to many of the other exchange students we fell in love with.
Lida, Carson and Zuhro eating frozen yogurt at RiverPark

  • Summer was coming, but I wouldn't see my students anymore.  I had so many great students this year.  I am really going to miss seeing them grow into adults and go to college.  I will definitely be keeping in touch with a select few because they mean so much to me and I truly care that they become successful in life.
  • We were packing and getting ready to move, but we didn't want to leave our friends in CA.  I was excited to be moving to Oklahoma to be near family and start a new life here.  We also have a few really awesome friends in Hanford that we see daily and its been hard not having them nearby.  I know we will see each other in the future, it just won't be as often.

Flowers from a few of the boys in my AP Bio class... I love to tease them!

 
If you remember from a previous post, Jerry took Woody with him on deployment... So what's Woody been doing?

 
 And what has Jerry been up to?
Laughing at the name of a bank!

Checking out the beach

Doing what Jerry does best!!!
Sure wish I had a day off to do the same.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment