Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Another Birthday Missed

This past week we had state testing.  I had a full day of school on Monday then we got out at 12:15 the rest of the week.  I had plenty of time to grade papers and work on lesson planning while students were testing.  I was also able to start cleaning out my classroom.

Monday started out a little rough.  The kids were use to waking up just a little later because Grandma was here and she was able to take them to school and daycare so they were a little grouchy and not cooperative with the time schedule we are on during the week.  The morning got progressively worse but I didn't realize it until after school...  I was walking out to my truck and digging through my purse to find my keys.  I didn't find them there so I walked back to my classroom to look in the draw where I put all my stuff.  Nothing.  I walked back out towards the parking lot.  I couldn't bear to look in the car so Caitlyn (a student, awesome babysitter, who will be a lifetime family friend) went to look and sure enough they were laying on the middle console.  Lucky for me I have awesome neighbors.  I called Amanda and she was able to get my spare key and bring it to me.  I love her!!!

Tuesday, I took Zuhro prom dress shopping.  Marie, one of Zuhro's friends and exchange student from Belgium went with us.  Zuhro was lucky and found two dresses she really liked, one was long and one was short.  After agonizing over the decision she went with the short one because in Tajikistan she would probably never be able to wear one like it.  The dress is really cute and I can't wait to post pictures later.



Carson earned his second orange tip in karate on Wednesday.  He learned and showed the kicking test all in one day.  I am so proud of him.  Since I (and my mom when she was here) am getting the house ready to sell I am always cleaning and picking up after the kids.  I need a Roomba just to follow behind Cooper.  He is a tiny tornado that does as much damage as a full size one.  From juice to crayons, everything ends up on the floor by the table or in the kitchen.  In addition to that, I was outside trying to clean up the dirt from the planter that my mom and I had just planted and my dog dug up when Cooper decided to try peeing outside.  He got his pants down and began to aim but instead of pee he pooped.  Awesome!  Poop all over his shorts.  I stripped him down and let him run in the backyard naked because I was covered in dirt and water and didn't want to go inside to get him clothes. While I was watering plants, he snuck in through the dog door and pooped on the floor of the bathroom.  Even more awesome!  Poop all over the bathroom floor.  All of this happened after I got off work and got my oil changed.  Needless to say Wednesday was the worst day of the week!

Thursday was busy with a trip to the pediatrician for Cooper's two year old check-up.  He is way above average in height and just above in weight and, thankfully, he has grown into his ginormous head.  
On Our Lunch Date

Friday, I was able to pick Carson up early and take him to pick out the cake he wanted for his birthday party.  We also got party boxes filled with goodies to give away to the kids.  We had another day of Karate. I had to take Cooper with me this time and that is just frustrating.  I ended up going to the grocery store a few doors down from the karate studio to occupy Cooper.  They have the baskets with the cop car or fire truck in front.  He loves to "drive" the car and I love that he quietly sits in the cart and I don't have to chase him!  Cooper started crying around midnight.  I went to his bed and he was whining and grabbing his ear.  He said, "Ear Owie."  I gave him Motrin, held him for 20 minutes so the pain reliever could do its magic, then put him to bed.  We slept until 5, which is when he started crying again.  He got out of bed and we watched Toy Story 3 for about an hour.  I gave him another dose of Motrin and he went back to bed.  Thankfully, Carson is old enough to watch tv and grab yogurt for breakfast, so I was able to get a bit more sleep.  

Saturday was another karate day.  Cooper went with me again.  Cooper likes to yell and play on the mat with the students in the studio, but it causes them to focus on him instead of the teacher and that's not good; so we ended up at the grocery store again.

Today is Carson's birthday.  I got up early to pick up his cake.   We went to Adventure Park for his party.  I took Cooper to Ms. Sylvia's (daycare provider) so I didn't have to try organizing the party and keeping an eye on him at the same time. 
Opened up his first present a long awaited 3DS!


He found the other stash of presents later in the day

The Pokemon Cake and some of his friends

The ticket machine

Get'em! Get'em!
Another picture, Mom?

1256 Tickets!  Supterstar!


Week three down!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain with trying to keep the house clean for shows. When we sold our condo in SB Nick was a newborn and I thought it was so hard. I would have died if I had a 2 year old! Carson is growing up too fast. It's CRAZY! <3

    ReplyDelete