Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Last Week Went By Too Quickly


Since last week was my spring break, my mom and I cleaned out the garage, the house and the yard while Jerry continued to work his ridiculous hours.  


I got to walk by this pile every day as if I needed a reminder that "D"day was rapidly approaching. We did get one unexpected half day together.  The ship was delayed from leaving its homeport.  Unfortunately, Jerry had to work on that extra day before deployment. 

Today was difficult.  Its hard to say good-bye when I have no idea when I will see him again.  
Carson understands that Daddy left, but I don't think he grasps the concept of the length of time. We are use to Jerry leaving for two-four weeks at a time, but 6-10 months is new to Carson. Last night was difficult for him, so I emailed his teacher to warn her about the situation in the event he was a little moody today.  Thankfully he did really well and, hopefully, continues to do so.

Jerry and I thought it would be fun for the kids to see Woody on deployment too.  So, Woody's first adventure... Getting Comfy in his rack on the Ship.


Here's Jerry in his digital blue cammies... to ensure he can't be found when falling off the ship or to blend in with the steel on the ship...  Not quite sure of the purpose.

We love you and can't wait for your safe return!



No comments:

Post a Comment